1 pound bacon
1/4 of an onion
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups milk
1 (16 oz.) package frozen hash browns thawed
Day Before -
- fry up the hash browns crispy
- on a low temperature sauteed the onion (when cooked on low temperature they turn sweet) - do not brown them, just sweat them
- fry up the bacon and cut into small pieces
- shred the cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 pan
- In a large bowl beat together the eggs and milk. Mix in the preshredded cheese, bacon, onion.
- Put the has browns spread evenly on the bottom of the baking pan and pour the egg, milk, cheese, bacon and onion mixture over top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Then uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes to set the egg mixture.