Monday, August 21, 2017

Papertrey Make It Monday - Z Fold Card

All supplies Papertrey, Ink unless otherwise stated.

I had a note in my Papertrey, Ink Planner, on my to do list for this week, that I needed to make a birthday card for my nephew.  I fell in love with the "forget me not perpetual calendar and contacts" pamphlet that comes with the planner.  I put every one's special days in it and then once a year I transfer the information to the actual date in my planner.  The week prior to the event I list out what cards I need to make that particular week on the far left hand column of the planner that is left blank for your" things to do that week list".  It works wonderfully for me and I am assured I never miss a loved one or friends special day.  

When I saw today's Make It Monday challenge of a Z-Fold Card I immediately knew what type of card I would be making for my nephew - a Z-Fold card.  He loves baseball so I went with that theme.  Please note that this is what the card looks like folded and the striped paper is just a background for taking the photo (probably should have just used plain red)

Here is a link to the tutorial by Ashley Cannon Newell one of the creative ladies from the Papertrey Ink blog site:  https://youtu.be/aMancPnzvtM

SUPPLIES

Stamp Sets:
Big Ticket Basics (you can't see it because it is inside the card)
7th Inning Stretch
Cover Up - Quatrofoil (Background)
Fresh Alphabet (P on baseball cap - he's a Philly's fan)

Ink:
Classic Kraft
Dark Chocolate
Real Red (SU)
Alabaster Premium Pigment Ink (White P on baseball cap)

Paper:
Real Red Card Stock (SU)
White Linen (Fresh Snow)

Accessories:
Dies - Big Ticket Basics, 7th Inning Stretch Dies
Dimensionals,
Ephemera stars from a previous Papertrey Kit,
Gemini Die Cutting Machine
1 1/4" circle punch

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a darling card for a baseball fan. nice job.

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

This is awesome! Loving the baseball theme! Thanks for participating in this week's Make It Monday!

Linda said...

This is so cute. Great idea

Nancy Penir said...

Great with the sports theme. Adorable card!

Kim Heggins said...

Just love this card...love baseball and your card is simply perfection!

Melissa Sibert said...

What a great card you made. Perfect for a boy.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

How fun! I like your creative take on the challenge.

Marcia Hill said...

What a cute, cute card and I'm sure your nephew is going to LOVE it!! :0)

Technique Taught by: Jennifer McGuire   Holiday Card Workshop 2021 – Day 1 “Nighttime Lights” and Aurora Borealis Night Sky Technique Taug...