Monday, July 30, 2018

All About You MIM

This is my creation for this week's MIM "Creating Mixed Background Texture Challenge #331.  All products are Papertrey Ink, unless otherwise stated.  I adored this challenge.  I've had my granddaughter here for a week and haven't been able to participate in any of the card making challenges or the July Blog Hop - it feels nice to be back to normal.  I purposely forced myself to use an older flower set.  Every time a new floral comes out it becomes my new favorite.  It was a joy to pull out an oldie but goodie.

Stamps
All About You and Backyard Branches

Inks
Basic Gray and Sahara Sand (SU)
Pale Peony, Berry Sorbet and Green Parakeet

Paper
White Linen Card Stock (Fresh Snow)

Accessories
Big Shot Tufted Dynamic Embossing Folder, Black and White Gingham Ribbon, Scan n Cut, Tag Sale #3 Die, Foam Dimensional

5 comments:

Barb Kirkwood said...

Your card is lovely and right on target. Love the color combo also.

Cindy Beach said...

WOW! I love your take on the challenge, so glad you're back in the crafting swing of things. Beautiful colors and I love the rich texture of the EF.

Marcia Hill said...

This is SOOO pretty Joanne! I love that you used an embossing folder for the texture part of the background...fabulous idea! And beautiful blooms as well! Lovely, lovely card!! ;0)

Nancy Penir said...

Beautiful card, Joanne! And I think it was so clever to put that pretty embossing on the bottom. I feel the same way about the new floral sets. Each new one becomes a favorite.

Birgit said...

This is darling Joanne! I love that you used one of my old favorites for the flowers on this card. You've inspired me to pull mine out and give it some love again. I feel the same way about every new floral set that comes out. The design team is so good at making me feel like I "need" every one when there's so many older sets that I've loved for a long time. Great idea using an embossing folder for your texture too. Love it!!

Technique Taught by: Jennifer McGuire   Holiday Card Workshop 2021 – Day 1 “Nighttime Lights” and Aurora Borealis Night Sky Technique Taug...