Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Thank You Bokeh Background




It has just stuck in my mind as one of the most beautiful cards.  I had some after Christmas thank you cards to make and I immediately had her creation come to mind.  I did some things different (i.e., no white nuvo drops on trees, no water drops on background, used Bokeh stamps for snow appearance on background, added a bow on the fence and different text and some colors.  My bow is a little off as far as scale.  If anyone has suggestions of a stamp set that would have a more to scale bow in it, I would love your suggestion. 

This card also gave me an opportunity to practice blending which I am not good at.  I have heard distress ink is better for blending?  Does anyone believe that to be true?

All products used are Papertrey Ink, unless otherwise stated.

Stamp Sets
Fence Line:  Winter, Text & Texture:  Bokeh, Enchanted Forest, Never Enough:  Thanks, Deck the Halls

Inks
For Blending Background:  Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening
For Fence:  Classic Kraft
For Snow in Background:  Brutus Monroe Alabaster
For Birds, Berries and Bow:  Pure Poppy
For Trees and Boughs:  Call Me Clover (SU)
For Embossed Enchanted Forest Trees:  Versa Mark
For Text:  Versa fine Noir Onyx

Paper:
White Linen (Fresh Snow)

Accessories
White Filigree Fine Art Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Embossing Buddy
Dies:  Noted Simply Stitched A2 Vertical, Deck the Halls, Fence Line:  Winter
3M Mounting Tape and One Red Sequin as well as Gemini Die Cutting Machine

No comments:

Technique Taught by: Jennifer McGuire   Holiday Card Workshop 2021 – Day 1 “Nighttime Lights” and Aurora Borealis Night Sky Technique Taug...