Saturday, November 16, 2019

Alaska Cross Stich

The cross stitch from a stitching cruise to Alaska designed by Jean R. Farish.  My sister and I went together as we both love to stitch.  I use to live in Alaska but had never taken the cruise of the inside passage and it was beautiful.

I changed the information regarding the cruise with just ALASKA and the quote to include the text "land of the midnight sun" which is one of the motto's of Alaska.  I also changed some thread colors but am so happy with it.  I hadn't done a sampler in a long time - this reminded me of how much I enjoyed them.  My sister also purchased some charms to choose from for this stitch.  However, I decided to put them on a name tag she made for me instead.

The floss used was new to me called "Cosmo".  Its my understanding you can purchase this pattern from Jean directly at jeanfarish@gmail.com

No comments:

Technique Taught by: Jennifer McGuire   Holiday Card Workshop 2021 – Day 1 “Nighttime Lights” and Aurora Borealis Night Sky Technique Taug...