Sunday, September 21, 2008

September
September, the harvest month...Summer is over and autumn has arrived.

It has been a very warm September for the northwest. However, today it is raining and I must say I welcome it. Fall is a beautiful time of the year - a time to not worry about watering plants and the lawn. A very good time to get back into reading.

One of my daily reading that I enjoy is "Simple Abundance" A Daybook of Comfort and Joy by Sarah Ban Breathnach. Each month she lists Joyful Simplicities. For example - September:
  • Start making your Christmas list this month so that you won't be frantic in December
  • Look at farmer's markets for dried flowers to create your own bouquet
  • Enjoy fresh apple cider
  • Experiment with different types of popcorn

2 comments:

mvkneipp said...

I LOVE it!!

I am going to shoot you over the popcorn recipe we had for movie night Friday...the kids loved it!

:-) Keep up the great posts!!

Joanne said...

Thank you V and I would love the recipe

Technique Taught by: Jennifer McGuire   Holiday Card Workshop 2021 – Day 1 “Nighttime Lights” and Aurora Borealis Night Sky Technique Taug...