Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Background #6 - Alcohol Inks A


I’m still working on my number one technique for the year 2019.  At this rate I’m not going to get to all of them by the end of the year.  This is a technique I learned way back in the beginning of my addiction to making cards.  I went into a brick and mortar store we had in the area and the owner was sitting up front making cards with this technique.  However, until I started seeing it again on various blogs and Pinterest, I had forgotten about it. 

This a sample technique where you spread the alcohol extender first, drops next and using the applicator pads pull it over top both vertically and horizontally.  This technique is pretty but not the stunning bright backgrounds I have made since (will post as I put finishing touches on these cards.

Alcohol Ink Background – Choose Joy
Stamp Set:  Choose Joy

Inks:  Versa Mark

Papers:  Vellum (PTI), Glossy White Card Stock (SU) and White Linen Fresh Snow (PTI)

Accessories – Pinata Claro Extender, Alcohol Inks – Meadow, Stream, Wild Plum (Adirondack-Tim Holtz), Ranger Rectangle Applicator Tool and Pads, Rain Drops (PTI), Gold Embossing Powder (PTI), Heat Gun

No comments:

Technique Taught by: Jennifer McGuire   Holiday Card Workshop 2021 – Day 1 “Nighttime Lights” and Aurora Borealis Night Sky Technique Taug...